Before going digital
Inefficient processes have always been the biggest productivity killer for companies. A survey among British companies before the pandemic found that a full quarter of a working day of every employee is wasted on unnecessary tasks, redundant administrative burdens, or outdated ways of organising work. To be more precise:
- 42 minutes on administration tasks if questionable necessity;
- 36 minutes on work conversations not resulting in any tangible outcomes;
- 28 minutes on mandatory team meetings that did not in fact require the employee’s presence;
- 26 minutes tasks dealing with outdated technology.
- Managing emails – this could be remedied by a tool like EmailAnalytics, which helps measure and improve your team’s response time by visualising their email usage with graphs and charts; or an email manager like Mailbird, which helps integrate several mail accounts with third-party apps like Dropbox, Facebook and Twitter; or even a personalised inbox like SaneBox, which filters out the important messages;
- Attending unnecessary meetings – you could make meetings and daily tasks more efficient by using a time-tracking tool like TimeBro;
- Handling employee expenses and arranging business travel details – the best solution here is to outsource these tasks to an external agency, which can perform them far more quickly and efficiently.
If you like content like the one posted above, you will find more in our upcoming PROSPER training modules.
Read more about the survey here: The CFO, 2019 “How inefficient processes waste nearly a third of employees’ time”: https://the-cfo.io/2019/06/19/how-inefficient-processes-waste-nearly-a-third-of-employees-time/