Once upon a time …?
We want you to imagine you live in the future and tell people the story on how the battle against climate change was finally won in the beginning of the 21st century. How did people change their behaviour into a climate friendly and sustainable one? What new (or old) invention made fossil fuels obsolete? How did we decrease the consumption of resources to a sustainable level? How did we secure ecosystem services for future generations?
- You make a time travel back to our time on earth.
- You think of a measure or occurrence – real or fictitious – instigated by people that turned out to be decisive in saving our planet:
- Which is this measure/occurrence?
- What are the effects?
- You tell us your story in a film that should be between 5-10 minutes.
Who can participate?
The competition is targeted towards 14-19 year-old students currently attending a school in Europe. Competition entries can be submitted by individuals, small groups or school classes. Up to four people per winning team will be invited to an award ceremony in Stockholm.
How to participate?
The seven steps to Stockholm:
- go to our website and read all information and the FAQs
- invent a story and tell it in a film
- upload your story on YouTube
- fill in the registration form that you will find on this website
- upload a picture of the producers
- maybe win?
By uploading your film you agree to have it published on the GREEEN website and the GREEEN Facebook page.
When is the closing date?
The competition entries are to be submitted by November 30th, 2015.
And the award goes to…
Your story will be evaluated by an independent jury according to the following criteria:
- Level of students’ initiative
The best stories will be published on our GREEEN Facebook page and the winners will be selected by public vote – the more likes your story gets the more likely it is that your story wins!
What can you win?
The winners will be invited to present their story at the GREEEN-conference in Stockholm 21-24 February 2016. The GREEEN-conference will include seminars and workshops for the students, as well as an award ceremony. The students will get the opportunity to get to know both Stockholm and the winners of the other European schools. Furthermore, appreciative awards and certificates of participation will be assigned.
We wish you great enjoyment and success!