EILEEN intends to develop a comprehensive approach which foresees the involvement of professionals working in European enterprises and young unemployed – both groups will be trained on how to cope with cultural diversity in the workplace.
The main aim of the project is to:
- promote and validate intercultural competences;
- promote a welcoming culture in European enterprises;
- promote European mobility.
This shall be achieved by:
- exploring existing approaches to enhance and validate intercultural competences in European enterprises;
- investigating the specific needs of enterprises for hosting interns with different cultural backgrounds;
- developing the EILEEN validation system based on the proven LEVEL5 for assessing and validating competences;
- developing and testing training modules on intercultural topics for multipliers in European enterprises;
- developing training modules for young people on intercultural topics aimed to prepare them to take part in a European internship;
- organising intercultural traineeships as open learning projects;
- validating competence developments of both host enterprises and interns by means of LEVEL5;
- developing and promoting a European label “Welcoming European Enterprise”;
- launching a European Award on innovative initiatives to promote intercultural learning in European businesses.
- young people that shall be motivated and prepared for an internship abroad;
- entrepreneurs willing to host a young intern;
- evaluators and validation practitioners;
- external stakeholders and institutions;
- the broad society.
- coordinated by: BUPNET, Göttingen, Germany
- eight partners from eight countries (UK, BG, ES, GR, FR, IT, BE, PT)
- funded by the European Commission
- Duration: 09/2014-08/2016