LISTEN – Learning from Intercultural Storytelling
The innovation of the LISTEN project lies in introducing storytelling approaches and techniques in a radio environment as a binding factor which brings social and personal benefits for refugees or migrants, who experienced forced/involuntary migration.
The LISTEN project’s main aim consists of using a sustainable education storytelling approach for trainers and multipliers, based on transferable didactic concepts and methods for refugees or migrants, as a way of their integration to the society. LISTEN invites trainers, teachers and multipliers to join the project activities and to develop new professional competences and skills or expand the existing ones, in terms of tailored training methodologies for refugees.
Storytelling has a great potential to attract and motivate people to learn, to connect with others and to express themselves. It offers a common approach to personal development and learning that has the potential to unite the different sectors in a community because of being interactive, immediate and very personal. Storytelling can be also a window into the culture from which refugees come, can help the society thing differently, be more sensitive, comprehensive and empathic to the culture from where refugees come.
The main objectives of LISTEN are:
- to empower refugees by giving them a voice and a stage for their story;
- to give trainers and multipliers innovative tools and methodologies to empower this group through storytelling;
- to build a bridge and promote the dialogue between different cultural groups within the society.
LISTEN addresses persons and organisations dealing with refugees or migrants, who experienced forced/involuntary migration such as:
- Training providers;
- Trainers, multipliers, social workers, volunteers;
- Refugees’ communities;
- Organisations, foundations, associations working or in contact with refugees;
- Immigration Advisory and Refugee Services, Social Services.
- Coordinated by BUPNET, Göttingen, Germany
- six partners out of six countries (A, D, GR, IT, S, UK)
- funded by the European Commission
- Duration: 12/2016-11/2018
- project website: https://listen.bupnet.eu/