Increasing Social Effectiveness Through Innovative Methods and Tools in Non-formal Education-based Youth Work
Social exclusion, often referred to in social sciences and policy documents, is the multi-layered process of individuals or groups to break away from social relations, ties or institutions and not to participate in social spaces and activities.
Youth work is an important area of social exclusion debates. Young people, with their subcultures, habits, needs and demands, often fall outside of the norm or wandering around the area of a norm. Therefore, they face legal, structural and cultural barriers to their participation in society. In this context, youth work is defined as an important tool for the social participation of young people in different periods.
The main goal of the project is to establish concrete resources for increasing the social impact of youth work on the international platform through the following outputs :
- to develop a scientific approach to intercultural communication and understanding on the skills needed by young people and youth workers and development of guidelines for the trainings
- a train the trainer handbook providing information on how to develop the competences motivating young people in exploring diversity as important value
- a handbook including a curriculum for youth workshops which will provide information and best practice for youth workers on how to guide young people in the issue of intercultural understanding
- videos offering a special possibility for training institutions involving blended learning concepts in their curricula
- a distance learning platform for Youth workers to promote the learning outputs and tools to a broader audience
- Youth workers and social workers in youth care, Organisations and stakeholders in the field of youth work.
- Young people with different cultural background
The partnership is led by Mozaik Insan Kaynaklari Gelistirme Dernegi,Turkey, and has experienced project partners from Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain .