This project puts a strong focus on IT development and integration since it will for the first time develop specifications for open source virtual learning environments (Moodle LMS and Mahara e-portfolio) for interfaces of validation systems for learning outcomes in formal and not formal learning.
With this IMPACT creates a cornerstone for the “new way of (competence oriented) learning”, for the further utilisation of OER (open educational resources) and rich open learning environments.
The project aims to:
- combine and provide a fully fledged software consisting of validation EUROPASS, ECVET, ECTS and LEVEL5 learning platform (moodle) and e-Portfolio on the technical level;
- provide specifications for all these systems for different applications (e.g. e-portfolios);
- include the data (EQF level descriptions, learning outcome descriptions, indicators) established by VET consortia in the LLP;
- promote validation as future tool in qualifications and continuing professional development in VET and for courses for educational professionals of the Comenius and Grundtvig community;
- establish open online resources to apply the approach in e-portfolios and LMS;
- promote the professional development of staff and youth workers in ICT methodologies and support the production and adoption of OER (open educational resources) in diverse European languages;
- develop basic and transversal skills, such as entrepreneurship, digital skills and multilingualism in all fields of education and training;
- foster the assessment of transversal skills and promote the take-up of practical entrepreneurial experiences in education, training and youth work;
- improve the acceptance of validation of learning outcomes by developing IT based support systems and capacity building for educational stakeholders in a cross sectoral approach
- coordinated by: BUPNET, Göttingen, Germany
- nine partners from nine countries (SK, BG, IT, GR, PT, PL, BE, DE, LT)
- funded by the European Commission, ERASMUS+ Programme
- Duration: 09/2014-08/2016